Tuesday, January 8, 2013

big boy room

So Ethan's new room is coming along. He's finally well enough for a few days in a row, so he is sleeping well at night again. Which means I have the energy to tackle decorating :)

Done so far: linens (Steve's old sheets from college, and I bought a new comforter), Thomas throw pillows, book case, stained and put up curtain hardware, put up the curtains and shade, lamp, moved all the clothes into closet and dresser, and today we put up the Thomas wall decals around the room.

Still to do: buy a new night stand, artwork project.

I was getting so discouraged about finding a couple of things to hang on the wall that didn't cost a fortune. Then I got the idea to take pages from a book and mod podge them onto a canvas. Then I can make large wall art for hopefully much lower cost and they will look exactly like I want them to! I am having a little trouble finding the right books for the look I want. I really love Freight Train by Donald Crews. I am having trouble tracking it down in hardback not a board book. There are a few other books that would work, so as soon as I get the final product I'll post pics of his finished room!

Here's a sneak peek:

No comments: