Thursday, August 13, 2009

rant

So I was in the kitchen this morning, busily finding food that sounds like it might be palatable to me and shoving it in my mouth before my stomach decides otherwise when the doorbell rings. Shoot, I'm in exactly what I wore to bed that night, an oversized tshirt, not exactly something I can answer the door in. And there is no way to get from the kitchen to our bedroom without passing the front door (and windows) so I'm stuck. I ran to the laundry room to see if there happens to be a pair of pants lying around and there isn't. So the doorbell rings (no joke) about 4 times in a row then long pause. Then about 3 more times in a row and another long pause. I hear them leave, and peek out to see a large utility van.

The annoying thing is that it was probably our builder. They're supposed to be finishing our yard off (it's still torn up from over a year ago) but the thing is, we keep stressing the fact that we REALLY want to be let in on the process. We are fed up with people coming over without letting us know, to work on our house without us having any clue about what they're doing, what the plan is to fix the basement, and where they are in the process. I'm thoroughly annoyed that they would just show up without letting Steve know they were coming. Even if I was able to answer the door, Steve's been the one working with them and I'd want them to talk to HIM before begining or continuing any work. I'm just so annoyed. And since Steve's the one calling them several times a week for the last 3 years, without getting much of any response, I'm sure he's even more so.

Oh, and here's a funny story too... so Steve been working with the cement contractor and finally got fed up with unreturned phone calls so he called our builder to tell him to deal with the problem. Our builder tells Steve that he'll talk to the cement people and get back to him. So several days go by and Steve starts calling the builder again repeatedly, getting people telling him that he's in a meeting and will call him back later that day, etc (really just blowing him off) and finally when he does get in touch with the builder the guy has the nerve to tell Steve "I haven't heard back from the cement people, so that's why I haven't returned your call". No joke! Really?? They didn't return your call? I can't imagine what that feels like... We've only been dealing with both of you for the past 3 years. Ok, done with my rant.

Has anyone ever used angieslist.com? I've seen commercials and wanted to check it out. We'd definitely warn someone before ever using this cement contractor.

No comments: