Monday, August 17, 2009

question to all you moms

So I think that I figured out what is causing my morning sickness. Well, ultimately I know what is, the pregnancy, but on days when I "forget" to take my prenatal vitamins I feel incredibly better the entire next day. On days where I do take them (which is most days, I've been pretty good) for about the last week or so I am sick the whole next day. I've been taking them right before bed but then realized that I was sick all night and incredibly sick in the morning so I switched to dinner time, and that worked in keeping my dinner down, but still felt really nauseated all the next day. Yesterday it was so bad I wasn't really able to eat much at all, so I didn't try taking it with dinner since dinner was only a tad bit of popcorn which ended up coming back up when I brushed my teeth a half hour later. Sorry, gross. Anyway, I feel awesome today since I didn't take it last night. I'm still experimenting, but anyone else have this problem? Anything work? Switching brands of prenatals, anything? Good news is that I'm over 9 weeks, so that 2nd trimester is coming up quick... we'll see if that brings any relief.

3 comments:

Rebekah Zenn said...

I don't know what brand you're taking, but I tried like 10 when I got pregnant with Luke (the dr gave a bunch of samples, plus store ones that I tried) and the ONLY ones that don't make me sick are Sundown brand. You can find them at Meijer. In fact, I've been taking them every night with a tall glass of milk since January 2007 (when we first started trying) and no stomach upset! But yeah, all the other ones were wretched! They're not terribly expensive, so maybe worth a try?

Rebekah Zenn said...

Oh, and this might sound silly... something that really helped my morning sickness was green ice pops (like the cheap push-up kind that you buy by the 100s). Don't know why, they just did :) I also drank ice cold milk first thing in the morning and that seemed to help too.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I took them in the morning, it made me gag really badly the rest of the day, so I always took mine at night. But, I think if it's making you terribly sick, just try to eat healthy and don't worry too much about the vitamins. Try taking them again when you're farther along in the pregnancy.