Monday, July 9, 2012

new sunday school class

Ethan moved up from the nursery to "beginners" class this month.  This past Sunday was his first day there and throughout the day yesterday he kept telling me "the guy was behind the curtain".  I had no idea what he was talking about and would just respond "oh, wow" and didn't think much of it.  Then finally when he said it again as I was putting him to bed it jogged a memory that I had of his classroom - there is a little puppet theater in his new classroom and there's a curtain that the teacher can stand behind and do a puppet show that they incorporate into the lesson.  So I asked him "was this at your new class at church?"  Ethan said "Yeah, it was. Chris was behind the curtain. And Grace was behind the curtain. And Ethan was behind the curtain - nope." So I said "oh, you didn't go behind the curtain? Did you just sit quietly and listen to the teacher?"  Big pause from Ethan and a very serious, "no, I talked".  I'm not one bit surprised :)

No comments: