Monday, April 11, 2011

sticks, stones, and the newest fashion accessory

a pink headband, of course. He rips off any hat that I put on him, but whines when I try to get him to take off my pink headband, and constantly reaches up to make sure it's still on his head :) Oh well, to each his own!





Ethan's been seriously keeping me busy lately. He LOVES to practice walking, and can walk alongside me while only holding onto one hand. He will stand for a second or two on his own if he lets go and doesn't realize that he's not holding on, but once he realizes that he's on his own he sits down immediately and lets you know that he's not happy about it.

His favorite thing in the world right now is to be outside, and I don't blame him! It's so nice to finally be able to walk outdoors without layers and layers of clothes on. It's funny, every time the wind gusts though he yells "brrrr", you can tell he's been hearing me say that a lot this winter :) He also has picked up that "hot" means you have to blow. I told him not to touch a light, that it's hot. He started blowing at it and now blows at it each time he passes it.

I've also started to wonder just how I can keep him from eating the entire backyard. Every day he must put at least 10 rocks in his mouth, and chew on at least one stick. I know it won't kill him, but it sure makes me cringe to see him drooling dirt :)

No comments: