Wednesday, April 27, 2011

standing and steps




Today, Ethan stood on his own! He was holding on to the couch where Steve was standing and then let go for a few seconds. When we started cheering and clapping, he was so proud of himself that he kept doing it and getting so excited about it! He was at the point after a few minutes that he was screaming at the top of his lungs each time he let go of the couch. So fun!!

The first steps actually happened earlier in the day. I was eating lunch and he was holding on to my finger and walking around, but I was sitting down so he wasn't getting far. He wanted to go to the door to the deck, so he took a few steps toward the door without my finger, and then didn't realize that he wasn't holding on to me until he got to the door. Then as we were sitting around with him later this evening, he decided that if he can stand on his own, he'd try some steps again, and just kept going! He walked all the way across the room on his own to get to daddy even. Way to go little guy!!

Another thing he's been doing a lot of lately is he's finally gotten up the nerve to go down the one step into our family room. I've been trying to teach him to go backward, and he'll do that if I put him into position. When he does it on his own he goes face first :) Oh well, it's only one step and he'll learn eventually.

And another fun thing he's cracks us up with is "dancing". If he hears music he'll start to boogie and if no one's really looking he can really get going. I caught him once almost head-banging and screaming to his new Bible song book, haha. I'll have to catch it on video sometime, that and the walking!!! I can't believe it, how did he get here so fast?!

No comments: