Friday, April 15, 2011

never a dull moment around here

I let Ethan play with my cell phone when he wants to, as long as he doesn't put it in his mouth. I figure that if it's locked, the worst thing that he can do is break it somehow, since he can't make any phone calls... wrong! When it's locked, you can still make an emergency call fairly easily. Found that out this morning when I hear a woman's voice saying "hello? hello?" while he's playing with it and gabbering away. I grabbed it and realize that it says "emergency call connected". Explain that I let my son play with the phone and didn't mean to place the call. She asked if anyone was there coercing me to answer. Oh joy, no more phone for babies! I think that was his and my first 911 call :)

1 comment:

Rebekah Zenn said...

I can't believe no one else has commented on this! I laugh out loud every time I read this entry- which is like once a day! Love it :) Also, even "dead" cell phones can still place emergency 911 calls, even if they don't have any service. Learned that one the hard way too... No more old cell phones as toys for MY kids!