Wednesday, April 22, 2009

really irked

So, my bag arrived this morning. I opened it immediately looking for my camera, thinking that the worst case scenario would be that it'd be damaged in the long shipping process. I rip through my stuff and the camera's not even in there at all. After the initial shock, I realize that my jewelry case isn't in there at all either. I call the airline and I'm supposed to fill out a missing items report with the total cost of each item missing. It feels like even if they reimburse me I should be doing something further, doesn't it? It's pretty obvious that the items were stolen. No TSA ticket was found in my bag, so it wasn't like it was searched and items were not replaced, it was a pretty obvious theft. What would you do? Whatever I do, it's going to be a hassle. I miss my camera already :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like the whole system is messed up! I mean, how can they avoid having someone "claim" your bag and steal items? And how can they keep someone from claiming "stolen" items that may not have been there? You could easily say that your jewelry was worth $1000...they'd have no way of knowing!

Rebekah Zenn said...

Angela- I had this happen to me when we came back from a cruise in 2007. The whole travel experience to and from the vacation was horrible, so this was, um, just the cherry on top, shall we say. I basically called and hassled everyone at the airline in almost every dept until I became so annoying that they did something about it- I got a Visa giftcard for the amount of what I told them was stolen (well, they rounded down, but it was better than $0!) and two free flight vouchers. Depending on how much time you have (I was on hold for a loooooonnnng time most of the time) it might be worth it.