Monday, February 2, 2009

remember this?

Last Christmas (as in '07, over a year ago) I got a very strange string of phone calls.

I'm still pretty hesitant to answer out of state area codes from phone numbers that I don't recognize, usually it's just a sales call anyway so I just let it go to voicemail. Well, on Christmas day, I got such a phone call and didn't think much of it as I let it ring and let voicemail pick up. A while later I saw that the person had left a message, and wondered who it was. A familiar voice was on the other line... "Hey Jack and Judy, it's Tom. I wanted to catch you before you guys left for Florida, but you might have left already. I was just calling to wish you a Merry Christmas." He rattled on for a few more minutes. Seriously? Steve thought that it's a prank, but seriously? Who has the time to call again a year later and relive the prank. Poor guy, he probably thinks that Jack and Judy are neglecting him. :)

No comments: