Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I had planned on Ethan having a new costume this year. But when it came down to putting his costume on, he really wanted to wear his giraffe costume again. So, for the 3rd year in a row, Ethan wore the same costume. It barely fits, but that didn't stop him from wearing it for most of the day. 

And introducing 2012 giraffe Ethan. Or, more accurately, "Mr. Giraffe from the island of Sodor from Thomas". Everything comes back to Thomas...

We went around to a few of our neighbors, and when he was done we went home. So I hadn't anticipated how scary Ethan would find sitting at home passing out candy. A very tall kid (maybe in jr high?) came by dressed as a gorilla and Ethan retreated to the couch, his sippy and my phone, and sat there for the rest of the night. I would have just stopped passing out candy, but I definitely wanted to get rid of the candy that we had.

And another funny story from this morning. Since I was wearing orange and black, I got Ethan's orange and black shirt out and told him that we could match today. He said (in his most whiney voice) "Mom, I don't want to be matching you!" and told me he wanted to wear a different shirt. I guess it's not cool anymore to match your mom. Sad day :)

No comments: