Friday, January 15, 2010

7 years ago today

I just realized this evening that Steve asked me to marry him 7 years ago today. I didn't think that he could surprise me, but I wanted him to. He totally shocked me. In fact, it took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on. My first thought when I came home that evening to find the house decorated with flowers, candles, music, etc. was "boy, Steve is going all out tonight and he should save some ideas for when he asks me to marry him". I had no idea even then that just minutes later he would get down on his knee and do just that. Boy it seems like forever ago, and just yesterday all at the same time :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I was able to be such an integral part of planning that surprise for you! I remember waiting anxiously in the library for you to come get me :) So exciting!