Tuesday, October 15, 2013

video games

So Ethan's gotten super into a couple of games either on my phone or the iPad recently. I guess we're non-traditional in our views of video games because I think it's really neat to see his coordination and problem solving skills improve through playing games like these. The really funny thing is that it's translated into real life and sometimes I think he thinks he's in a real-life video game in his mind.

A couple of weeks ago Ethan and I picked up Steve at the convention center downtown. Ethan told me he had to go potty and so he and Steve ran into the convention center quickly to find a bathroom while I went across the street to parking a lot and wait for them. They ran down the hall, went potty, ran back through the hall and down the street, crossed at the light, ran to the car and buckled in. Ethan gets buckled in and says "whew, that was a really tricky level!".

Then a few nights ago we were starting to get him ready for bed and I told him to come get his teeth brushed. He replies "but I still have 20 more lives left!". No dude, you don't. It's 8:30 and we're tired. :)

No comments: