Saturday, March 10, 2012

Play corner!

One of the projects that I have had in my brain to do before Ethan's 2nd birthday (which is on MONDAY!) has been to finish part of our basement into a play area. I wanted a craft area, a magnet area, and we majorly needed toy storage. After shopping around we bought some stuff at Ikea (which Ethan calls Ikea's house) and here is the just-about-finished product.

The magnet board (a large drip pan on the right) still needs to be attached to the wall, and I have some magnetic photo ropes to display artwork that still need to be hung on the wall above it. I love that the stools (red ones next to his craft table) have storage in them for play doh, crayons, etc. and I'm amazed at how many toys that dresser really does hold.

It is so much easier to hang out downstairs now that there are not toys piled up in every corner! We love it so far, and it was miraculously finished in time to call it a birthday project for Ethan. I also bought some trains, and that craft table can double as a trains/cars table too.

No comments: