Monday, July 13, 2009

St Louis

We were in St. Louis over the weekend for a friend's wedding and had a great trip. We drove over on Friday, and the wedding was Saturday afternoon, so we had Saturday evening and Sunday to see the city.

On Saturday evening we walked from our hotel down to the arch. It turned out that it was also the weekend of the All Star game in town, so there were a lot of activities going on and tons of people. As we walked to the arch someone stopped me and asked me a question. It sounded like she asked "Are you going to the grow concert?" I just smiled even though I really didn't understand what she said and said, "no, sorry". As we got closer to the arch it became clear that something was going on, everything was closed off and they were checking people's bags. I asked a security guard what was going on and he told us that we were right on time to see Sheryl Crow give a free concert. Kinda cool, and definitely unexpected. So we stayed for a bit as we checked out the arch. (again, I'm irked that I'm using our old camera that is breaking down!!)


On Sunday we headed to the St. Louis zoo. It was fun, and we ended up leaving just as it started to pour rain. Perfect timing.





No comments: