Thursday, August 14, 2008

another basement post

I know that this latest thread obsession of talking about our basement is a bit... dull? to some, so bear with me. I have a feeling after this weekend is over I'll be back to posting about our ever so thrilling daily life :) And yes, our huge mounds of dirt are back in place, in the ground, where they should be! Take a look!

Notice that all of our lawn furniture and grill are in the back garden. Wonder why? Well, our slab porch was taken out.


Here you can see the gravel where the old porch was, and new porch went in the very next day. When I got home and saw the fresh concrete I had a moment from The Office. Anyone remember that episode? I love it when Michael yells "Pam, translate" after Kelly starts talking, and Jim's little speech that is going on while Dwight is smearing vaseline all over Michael's face... ahh, funny.


And in this picture you can see how they get in and out of our yard, through the field behind our house.

So possibly today we'll have fresh new sod to water like crazy for the next few weeks. Can't wait to have the finished product, and be done with this for good!! Aren't you just as excited as I am?? :) Hope that your week is brimming with excitement as ours is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey angela, WoW that was huge what they had to do to finally fix the basement.

mikem