Saturday, June 7, 2008

changes in our lives

So things are changing at the Mellema household. First off - our entry way! I finally bought a picture and a plant to make our entry way a bit more homey and less bare. I have been keeping my eye out for furniture, etc to put there so when I came across a huge sale at Tuesday Morning I bought a few things. Here's the picture...


And here's the fake plant. These are my favorite types of plants, ones that I can't kill :)
Next up - we sold our fishtank! We're happy that it's with friends, and they're sure to take much better care of it than we've been lately. So here's a pic of the move in progress...

And here's the new space it left in our living room. Now we're gonna have to decide what to do here. Last up - do you notice how many cars we now have in our garage??? That's right, we are now officially a 2 car family. We spent the last 5 years sharing a car, and that era is over. Today we bought a 2001 Accord. Now we just have to decide who drives which one :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the freedom that two cars bring! We're down to one now and I sure miss our other one sometimes :)

Angela Mellema said...

I know! I get the feeling that once we adjust to 2 cars it would be hard to go back down to 1.