Monday, April 16, 2012

milestones

Yesterday I got my first, totally unprompted "I love you" from Ethan. I tell him constantly that I love him, and he says it a lot to me too, but it's usually right after I tell him or right before bed or something like that. So yesterday when we were playing outside and he wrapped his arms around my legs and said "I wub you mommy" it completely melted my heart.

Also, for the record, we are potty training around here! We are on our 4th week of no diapers and most days are great. For a while he would have an accident if I didn't take him really regularly, but lately he's the one who will tell me that he needs to go. He still gets a diaper for nap and night times, but they are often dry. However, the last hurdle is going #2 on the potty. He waits until he's in his crib to go, and seems to be pretty afraid to go on the potty for that one. We're working on it, but it seems that it might take a while to warm up to the idea. Any advice will be appreciated :)

No comments: