Wednesday, February 22, 2012

am I ready for this?

Last night Ethan pee peed on the potty without either of us even knowing. He was running around the house without any clothes on, and Steve and I were busy elsewhere. I realized it had been quiet for a while (usually not a good sign) and then Ethan streaked into the living room yelling "Ethan pee peed!" I totally expected to find a puddle somewhere when I asked him to show me where he pee peed. Steve mentioned that he heard a tinkling in the potty, and thought that he had gone by himself. I didn't believe it until Ethan marched into the bathroom and pointed to the toilet. Sure enough, he had gone into the dark bathroom and gone to the potty all by himself. And now today he wants to do it all by himself, with no help from mama. We went to the store and he got to pick out some big boy underwear. He picked out Thomas ones. And then he didn't want to try them on when we got home, go figure.

I'm not ready for this, I really enjoy the convenience of diapers. Trips to the store may never be the same. I will probably give it a shot sometime in the next couple of weeks though. It seems like he really enjoys his independence in this area :)

No comments: