Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This is an awful picture, but this is my brother Jay. Jay has autism and you know how Rainman counts cards? Well, Jay remembers birthdays. Every time I talk to him he tells me who's birthday is coming up and he's usually in the process of baking a pan of brownies for whoever it is. The last time I talked to him it was May 1st or 2nd.
Jay: Know what month it is?
Me: It's May, right?
Jay: Yeah, and who's birthday is in May?
Me: *pretending not to know* I don't know, who's?
Jay: YOURS!

So in a few weeks on my birthday, I expect to get a call from him and he will sing me the entire song Happy Birthday :) But this weekend, I'll get to be reminded of it many times over, since I'm going to visit my family on Thursday! I'll have to remember to take a better picture of the two of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that pic, Ang! I miss Jay! Have a great weekend... you'll have to show him pics of the babies :)

Angela Mellema said...

Yeah, he is really excited about those boys. But the next logical questions is "when are you gonna have a baby?" and then he goes on to say "I'll be her uncle Jay" :) Notice, he always does say her... so he is predicting a future Mrs Daly :) jk